“The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.” - Thich Nhat Han
RESPIRA YOGA AT HOME
During these incredibly tough times we need our yoga practice more than ever. Indeed Harvard medical school in the US is now recommending yoga, meditation and controlled breathing to address anxiety issues related to the novel coronavirus.
Let these classes be your much needed escape & sanctuary away from what is going on in your life. 70 minutes out of your week to calm & nourish your mind, body & spirit.
We are so grateful for your unfailing support during this time which has been a rollercoaster for us in the yoga world, as it has for most. We are hosting our regular yoga classes live via ZOOM.
Pricing is £10 per week giving you access to all 5 weekly classes (excludes Saturday Sanctuary Restorative).
Please transfer into the usual bank account referencing your name (avoids PayPal fees). Please drop me an email if you need me to send you these bank details. Please be sure to confirm once paid so that I can send you the class details.
- Try to find a space where you won't be disturbed. Put on some ambient lighting. If you prefer to practice with music you can maybe put on a little music in the background. Feel free to use my Yoga Playlist.
- By clicking the link you are sent, Zoom should open. If it asks you download an app or piece of software please do.
- Class will begin at the time stated, however please arrive to the class 10 mins early to ensure you are set up. Once the class has started we will not be able to stop and answer questions as all participants will be muted. I’m afraid that if you arrive after the start time the meeting will be locked and I will not be able to stop teaching to let students in.
- Please make sure that you are on mute by checking that the mic icon in the bottom left hand corner of your screen is disabled. You can chose to have your video off if you prefer although it is helpful for the teacher to see your practice.
- Injuries and any illnesses are to be adjusted to at your own discretion. As we are not with you at the time of your practice we cannot give advice during class unfortunately or come to any aid. If you are unsure or do not feel well, please choose to practise safely or not at all.
- Please let me know in advance of any medical problems or if you have any questions. Please mention any relevant medical history (e.g. heart problems, respiratory problems, blood pressure, arthritis, back problems, neck problems, pregnancy, detached retina, prolapsed disc, cancer, any serious injuries in the past, whether fully healed or not, etc). Also mention if you are currently on any medication.
- Please consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Myself and Emma can not be help responsible for any injuries or illnesses that result from partaking in these online classes. It is absolutely essential that you practice safely & listen carefully to your body.
- If you need any additional props, blankets or cushions to aid your practice please make sure you have them nearby.
- Finally enjoy & let us know how you find it!
Please follow Respira Yoga on Facebook & Instagram so that you don't miss any updates. For inspirational musings on all things yoga and wellness related, don't forget to sign up to our newsletter above.
We look forward to joining you virtually in your living room, where we shall be guiding you into yoga induced bliss :-) Until then, please take care of yourself.
Isabelle & Emma
Create a cocoon of care, kindness and compassion all around yourself. Let yourself rest, be kind to the edgy feelings that may be arising within you, from all that is happening around you. - Brigit Anna McNeill
SUMMER SOLSTICE MINI-RETREAT, SATURDAY 20TH JUNE 4.30PM - 7.30PM
Join us for 3 hours of delicious yoga bliss, as we welcome in the longest day of the year and celebrate the beginning of the summer season together.
As we approach the halfway point on our journey around the sun, Summer Solstice is a natural time for pause & reflection. Indeed the word solstice comes from the Latin roots sol, meaning sun, and stitium, meaning to stop or be still.
This live-streamed Mini-Retreat will let you hit pause on life, taking some precious time out to get back in sync with nature and rebalance for the summer season. To avoid imbalance and energetic disruption during this time of transition, holistic practices such as Chinese medicine and Ayurveda teach us to learn to live in harmony with earth's cycles by adjusting our yoga practice, lifestyle and diet as we flow through the change of seasons.
Summer is associated with the element of fire & the organs of the heart and the small Intestines and their meridian lines, or energy channels. When these meridian pathways are blocked, you may experience some of the following conditions: anger, agitation, restlessness, insomnia, sadness, impatience, exhaustion, over-excitement, irritability or a lack of joy, poor circulation, rashes and heartburn.
This practice will work to balance our fire element, so that the heart can function well, digestion & metabolism are strengthened and nutrients absorbed by the small intestine. This practice should help to clarify your thoughts, bring vitality and nourishment to the body & enhance your emotions of happiness, love and joy.
"Offer to your inner fire altar anything you wish to purify through release. As a moving prayer, let any hindrances to transformation dissolve into emptiness, clearing the inner slate for the next season." Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, Yukti Verses
We will engage in a yang hatha practice, then melt into some deeply restorative and therapeutic yin yoga, focused on the heart and small intestine meridians and also the Kidney meridian as this is the water element and helps to keep the fire in the heart balanced.
Our yin practice works deep beneath the superficial muscles of the body into the fascia, joints and tendons, creating new space where we can begin to heal. These long held, postures improve the flow of chi (the subtle energy said in Chinese medicine to run through the meridian pathways of the body). The thought in Yin is that this brings about better organ health & vitality, stronger immunity & emotional well-being.
We’ll finish by melting into a yummy Yoga Nidra (guided meditation).
Schedule for this afternoon of bliss:
4.30pm - 5.40pm: Slow & Mindful Hatha Yoga with Pranayama
5 Minute refreshment break
5.45pm - 7.15pm Deeply Restorative & nourishing Yin Yoga
7.15pm - 7.30pm Yoga Nidra/Guided Meditation.
Space is limited so book your spot now to avoid disappointment. £15 per person. Book here.
I look forward to meeting you, virtually on the mat when we shall be surrendering into yoga bliss.